Reiki, a Japanese word pronounced as ‘ray-kee’ is a beautiful form of energy healing that relaxes, boosts the immune system and re-balances and recharges a person on all levels – physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. The same subtle form of energy flow is often felt by those who practice meditation and prayer.
The ‘Rei” part of Reiki can be translated as Universal, Divine, God-force or Source of all that is, while the ‘Ki’ part can be translated as the life force we all have within us. Ancient knowledge and historical texts often speak of a life force that flows through us. The word for this life force appears in many languages i.e. ‘Chi’ in Chinese, ‘Mana’ in Hawaiian and ‘Prana’ in Hindi.
A Reiki practitioner channels Divine, life force energy by using a hands-on-healing technique that works on balancing and re-energizing the natural energy flow inside the body. By charging the body’s own immune system and increasing the flow of energy, the body can become strong enough to increase its’ own natural ability to heal itself.
The life force flowing within and around the physical body nourishes the organs and cells, and supports them in their vital functions. When this flow of life force is disrupted, it causes diminished function in one or more of the organs and tissues of the physical body.
Free-flowing life force energy is significant to our well-being and health. It is important to note that this energy is responsive to all our thoughts and feelings. Our life force becomes disrupted when we accept, either consciously or unconsciously, negative thoughts or feelings about ourselves. These negative thoughts and feelings attach themselves to the energy field and cause a disruption in the flow of life force energy. Once this happens, it greatly diminishes the vital function of the organs and cells of the physical body.
Reiki heals by flowing through the affected parts of the energy field and charging them with positive energy. It raises the vibratory level of the energy field in and around the physical body where the negative thoughts and feelings are attached. This causes the negative energy to break up and fall away. Reiki clears, straightens and heals the energy pathways, allowing the life force to flow in a healthy and natural way.
Reiki cleanses the body of built up toxins, relieves pain, soothes shock, calms the mind and emotions, and accelerates the body’s natural ability to heal itself; at the same time promoting a state of total relaxation and well-being.
In fact, one does not need to be unwell physically or in emotional distress to receive and benefit from Reiki.
Reiki in no way conflicts with medical procedures and in fact supports and enhances all medical treatments. Research on Reiki shows that those patients who receive Reiki will get better sooner, take less medication and will more quickly reduce their need of medication. reikiinhospitals.org Reiki can be incorporated effectively into the healing arts practiced by traditional and alternative practitioners. When the practitioner’s loving and compassionate intention to heal is coupled with the willingness of the client to bring harmony and balance into their life, then true healing can begin.
Some of the wonderful benefits of Reiki:
- Reiki calms, reduces stress, and provides deep relaxation, comfort & peace. These help to keep the client centered and greatly enhances their ability to have clarity and focus in their life. In this way, Reiki offers relief during emotional sorrow and distress. Its ability to help the client to be at peace helps tremendously in the grieving process.
- Reiki relieves pain. By increasing the body’s own natural ability to heal itself by charging and re-energizing the immune system, Reiki safely helps treat symptoms of imbalance such as stress related disorders, depression, insomnia, menopause, chronic fatigue, migraine, asthma, back pain and sinus, to mention only a few.
- Reiki improves good blood circulation by increasing the energy flow within the body, which helps immensely to cleanse and improve the functioning of the organs (liver, kidneys, arteries, spleen, gall bladder, lungs & heart).
- Reiki is a wonderful, complementary therapy to conventional therapies.
- Reiki speeds recovery from surgery or long-term illness. As it tends to reduce side-effects, Reiki helps in adjusting to medicine and/or medical treatments.
- Reiki is safe for everyone – adults, elderly, babies, toddlers and children. Even pets dealing with trauma, illness and stress can benefit from the wonderful healing energies of Reiki.
“I have received many Reiki treatments over the years, but never have I experienced one as therapeutic and angelically healing as with Candy. I firmly believe the Angels led me to her. I have now completed Reiki II with Candy which has opened my life to a wonderful new dimension. I can recommend Candy to anyone wishing healing or to become a Reiki Practitioner.”
Carol, Qld. Australia